The International Patient Services Department offers services to international patients, including the management of relationships with foreign hospitals and institutions.
From the first inquiry until the return home, each patient is followed through all stages of care by a specialized team, and is offered personalized services. The most scrupulous attention is paid to the quality of medical services and to the needs of patients and their families.
The International Patient Services Department offers assistance to international patients before, during and after their stay in Palermo, with services that include:
- Arrangements for transfer to ISMETT.
- Assistance with residence permit and visa requests.
- Airport pick-up service.
- Interpreting services.
- Arrangements for accommodations.
- Transportation throughout the city.
- Arrangements for cultural and religious needs.
- Periodic medical and/or logistical update to embassies.
- Translation into English of medical documents.
The International Patient Services Department also ensures that the continuity of care is maintained by keeping contacts with doctors and hospitals in the home country.