Listed below are the services we provide to our international patients:
Administrative and financial services:
- Assistance with hospital admission procedures.
- Help with scheduling doctors’ appointments, admission procedures, collecting medical reports and arranging follow-up appointments.
- Coordinating between doctors in home country and staff at ISMETT.
- Assistance with financial transactions (wire transfers, check cashing, and others).
- Coordination of discharge planning with medical staff.
- Communications and computer assistance.
- Periodical medical updates to embassies.
- Cost estimates and billing inquiries.
- Assistance with visa requests/extensions.
- Language interpreter.
- Translation of medical documents for use upon return home.
- Help in understanding administrative and financial documents.
- Arrangements for accommodations, depending on each patient’s needs.
- Arrangements for an interpreter to greet patients at the airport and accompany them to their pre-arranged housing location.
- Transportation assistance.
- Transportation to and from ISMETT.
- Assistance in planning tours, day trips and shopping excursions, as requested.
- Arrangements for special foods and nutritional needs.
- Company mobile phone for patient (to use while in Palermo).
- Airport pick-up service and hotel/hospital transportation for the patient.
- Arrangements for air ambulance services.
- Follow-up care, including rehabilitation, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and special therapy.
- Arrangements for cultural and religious dietary needs.
- Assistance with religious needs.
- Liaison with ethnic communities in the Palermo area.